Admission of international students
Welcome to Sumgayit State University!
Sumgayit is a youth city situated at 30 km from Baku. There are all conditions to live and spend leisure time in the city. According to the latest information, its area is 94,7 km2 and population is 337,200. The only higher education institution in the city is Sumgayit State University. International students and students from the regions of Azerbaijan study at the university.
We welcome every foreign citizen who comes to study at our university!
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: According to the new rules of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the admission of foreigners is carried out from 01.01.2022 only in the form of an electronic application through the website https://portal.edu.az/!
Foreign citizens who want to study at SSU!
Admission of foreigners and stateless persons to Sumgayit State University is carried out on the following bases:
• On the basis of agreements concluded between the Republic of Azerbaijan and foreign countries in the field of education;
• On the basis of international programs with the participation of Sumgayit State University;
• On the basis of agreements concluded between Sumgayit State University and educational institutions of foreign countries;
• Based on the results of the examinations of the Turkish Higher Education Council (HEC), Student Selection and Placement Center (SSC);
• On the basis of agreements concluded by Sumgayit State University directly with foreign citizens;
• On the basis of a centralized student admission competition held by the State Examination Center of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Note: In case of participation in the centralized entrance exams held by the State Examination Center of the Republic of Azerbaijan, foreigners must submit the documents determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Registration period: September 1-15
Foreign citizens wishing to study at SSU can apply to us throughout the year.
Terms of admission of foreigners and stateless persons to our university
Sumgayit State University, which is one of the biggest higher educational institutions in Azerbaijan announces the admission of foreign citizens in selected specialties for preparatory course, bachelor"s, master"s and doctoral degrees.
Education is conducted in Azerbaijani language. Foreign citizens, who want to study at SSU, must submit the required documents according to the following rules:
• application addressed to the rector of Sumgayit State University, indicating the chosen specialty, language of instruction, form of education;
• notarized copies of duly legalized or apostilized education documents and their translation into Azerbaijani, indicating the subjects studied at the previous level (level) and the grades received from those subjects;
• certificate of health, including the absence of AIDS, Hepatitis B and C viruses;
• valid border crossing document (notarized copy of passport);
• notarized copy of ID card;
• 6 photos in 3x4 size;
• certificate of examination in the language of instruction (if applicable);
• copies of honorary awards, certificates, diplomas and other similar documents (if applicable).
Note: All documents must be translated into Azerbaijani and notarized.
Foreign citizens have to obtain student visa before coming to the university. The education visa is received by the following procedure.
1. Electronic visa ASAN
2. Via invitation letter from embassy and consular offices. In both cases the name and address of the university should be indicated.
Foreign students or citizens must be registered at the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan within 15 days from the date of entry into the Republic of Azerbaijan;
Owner of the residence, where foreign students (or citizens) stay, should submit the application form for temporary registration at the place of residence of the foreign student (or citizen) within 15 days of arrival, a copy of the foreigner"s passport and the address of the apartment to be registered to the State Migration Service of Azerbaijan in person or via the Internet (www.migration.gov.az), e-mail (email@example.com);
Only after gaining the right to study, one can apply to the State Migration Service (SMS) based on letters of support from the university and the Ministry of Education (MoE).
When obtaining a temporary residence permit, the student must indicate the exact address of residence.
Documents required to obtain a temporary residence permit
1. Application form;
2. Original and copy of the international passport (validity period of the passport must be at least 3 months from the date of expiration of the temporary residence permit);
3. Original and copy of the document granting the right of temporary stay or temporary residence in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic;
4. Medical certificates (general health, absence of AIDS, Hepatitis B, C viruses);
Note: Issued by the International Medical Center (Baku, Narimanov district, A.Molla Juma str. 11 "B") or the Republican Diagnostic Center (Baku, Tbilisi Avenue 3166);
5. 2 photos of 3x4 size;
6. When foreign students are registered in an apartment for temporary residence, the owner"s application of consent, a copy of the owner"s ID card, a copy of the apartment registration document (all three documents must be notarized);
Note: 1. Temporary Residence Permit - According to the law on state fee:
The state fee for students is 60 AZN for 15 working days and 40 AZN for 20 working days.
2. In exceptional cases, an additional document may be required (e.g., surname change)
Sumgayit State University
Phone: + 994-18 642-16-20
The information of the persons responsible for the organization of education of foreign students, admission rules, migration procedures is as follows:
Fatullayeva Sadagat Abdul gizi
Head of the Department of International Cooperation and International Students
Phone: +994 55 547 07 67
+994 50 897 59 98
Facebook: International Cooperation https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100029373520742
The rights and obligations of foreign citizens studying at Sumgayit State University are regulated by the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Foreign students studying at SSU:
- can use the library, reading room, laboratory, gym, canteen of SSU;
- can closely participate in the research work of the department, scientific, social and cultural events of students, the work of student self-government bodies;
- can use the medical center of SSU for free.
All kinds of support are provided for the accommodation of foreign students studying at Sumgayit State University. Students can be accommodated in rented apartments by themselves.
Also, the overhaul of the dormitory of Sumgayit State University is nearing completion. The dormitory has rooms that meet high standards for foreign students, quality internet, heating, kitchen, laundry and all the opportunities for students to spend their free time effectively. The dormitory is planned to be fully operational at the beginning of the new year.