Language and Translation Center
The Language and Translation Center was established according to the decision of the Academic Council of Sumgayit State University dated May 03, 2023 (protocol No. 08). The senior lecturer of the department of Foreign languages of the faculty of Philology, Mammadova Zhala Eldar gizi, was appointed as the director of the Language and Translation Center from 17.05.2023, according to the order K-22/2.
Mammadova Zhala Eldar Gizi graduated from the Azerbaijan University of Languages in 1999-2003 with a degree in translation (English), and in 2003-2006 she graduated with honors Linguistics speciality (English-language) from the same university. Since 2014, she is a doctoral student of the Computer Linguistics department of the Nasimi Institute of Linguistics of ANAS, works on the research topic "Principles of presentation and explanation of words in electronic dictionaries". She is the author of 38 theses and scientific articles published in local and foreign indexed scientific journals. She participated in a number of local and international trainings.
The center"s activities are as follows:
1. Taking measures to ensure the mobility of students and lecturers, to evaluate foreign language skills in the Strategic development plan of the university;
2. Translation and correction of information intended to be placed on the official website of the University (sdu.edu.az);
3. To organize the participation of SSU professors and students in courses in order to increase their foreign language skills;
4. To ensure the participation of professors and teachers of SSU and students in internationally certified courses that determine foreign language skills, to take measures in the direction of diagnostic assessment and certification of language skills;
5. To organize the traditional or remote participation of SSU professors and teaching staff of the university in modern methodical trainings;
6. To ensure the participation of students in the center"s language courses in international conferences, competitions, Olympiads;
7. To organize master classes of specialized personnel with knowledge of foreign languages from various faculties of the university;
8. Establishment of cooperative relations with state and private organizations operating in this direction, as well as with foreign companies;